The Big Pink’s debut album ‘A Brief History Of Love’ has been on heavy rotation since it arrived in the CMU office. Consisting of Robbie Furze and Milo Cordell, who for several years separately made and promoted noise at various levels of extremity, they are joined live by a revolving line-up of musicians, which currently features Akiko Matsuura (who also fronts two more of CMU’s favourite bands, Pre and Comanechi) and former Sunn O))) member Daniel O’Sullivan. But, yes, the album. Very much an extension of their noise-based past, Furze and Cordell have switched off the much of the distortion that would once have pervaded everything, leaving melody and even pop sensibilities exposed. This is nonetheless filled out with swirling, room-filling guitars which up the epicness and help to both mask and enhance layers that can only be uncovered with repeat listens. The album is out on 14 Sep, in the meantime, check out next single ‘Dominos’ and second track ‘Velvet’ on their MySpace page.
Hello… I am AndyI'm the editor of CMU. This blog is where I put stuff that I find and thoughts that I have. You can also use it to find out how to contact me about writing, talking, dancing (not dancing) and suchlike. Clever, huh?
- RT @rhysjamesy: Zayn Malik's album track list looks like the 'Who's Online' section of MSN Messenger in 2003. https://t.co/5jxjZ7tH0S 1 year ago
- RT @daisy_boofa: I love this kind of resourcefulness. @_collectively always has the best stories! Beer made from bread scraps - https://t.c… 1 year ago
- Spotify's just updated with Line integration, which is probably more interesting than the Facebook Messenger hook up. 1 year ago
- Concerned that wearing big headphones out and about might make you look a bit of a tit? HERE IS THE ANSWER: vimeo.com/156790277 1 year ago
- RT @TomDavenport: When a "geordie" appeared on American TV. youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1DnF… via @andymalt 1 year ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.