It’s alright, everyone. Mew are back. It’s been four years since they released their last album ‘And The Glass Handed Kites’, time they have possibly spent mainly thinking up the title to their fifth album, an eight line stanza which I am going to abbreviate to ‘No More Stories’. The first two tracks from the album were released as part of the ‘No More Stories’ EP last month, and have got us very excited to hear them in the context of a full album. ‘Introducing Palace Players’ kicks things off with off-kilter guitar, jerky beats and some keyboard that sounds like it was left there by mistake, before Jonas Bjerre’s disarmingly pop voice comes in and pulls everything together. ‘Repeaterbeater’ takes things up a notch and, while not hitting the rock heights of older songs like ‘She Spider’ or ‘Apocalypso’, it has one of those all-enveloping choruses that Mew do so well. You can hear both tracks on the band’s MySpace page now and, if you’re very lucky, you can hear more from them at their sold out ICA show in London tonight.
Hello… I am AndyI'm the editor of CMU. This blog is where I put stuff that I find and thoughts that I have. You can also use it to find out how to contact me about writing, talking, dancing (not dancing) and suchlike. Clever, huh?
- RT @rhysjamesy: Zayn Malik's album track list looks like the 'Who's Online' section of MSN Messenger in 2003. https://t.co/5jxjZ7tH0S 1 year ago
- RT @daisy_boofa: I love this kind of resourcefulness. @_collectively always has the best stories! Beer made from bread scraps - https://t.c… 1 year ago
- Spotify's just updated with Line integration, which is probably more interesting than the Facebook Messenger hook up. 1 year ago
- Concerned that wearing big headphones out and about might make you look a bit of a tit? HERE IS THE ANSWER: vimeo.com/156790277 1 year ago
- RT @TomDavenport: When a "geordie" appeared on American TV. youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1DnF… via @andymalt 1 year ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.