A new project from London-based producer Hungryghost, aka Alan Dobson (also a member of the Son Records-signed hip hop crew Def Tex), Arcadion is an attempt to put a modern twist on the percussion-heavy funk, or go-go, sound of 70s and 80s acts like Trouble Funk, Tilt and The Junk Yard Band. Along the way he twists in elements of dub and electro, piling on heavy basslines and infectious beats that pretty much force you to get up and dance. Dobson released his first single as Arcadion, ‘Ghost Feeder’, back in December via DC Recordings. The follow-up, ‘Fly Vision’, came out on the same label last month, and sees the project progressing into something really exciting. You can check out both the singles on the MySpace page, linked here.
Hello… I am AndyI'm the editor of CMU. This blog is where I put stuff that I find and thoughts that I have. You can also use it to find out how to contact me about writing, talking, dancing (not dancing) and suchlike. Clever, huh?
- RT @rhysjamesy: Zayn Malik's album track list looks like the 'Who's Online' section of MSN Messenger in 2003. https://t.co/5jxjZ7tH0S 1 year ago
- RT @daisy_boofa: I love this kind of resourcefulness. @_collectively always has the best stories! Beer made from bread scraps - https://t.c… 1 year ago
- Spotify's just updated with Line integration, which is probably more interesting than the Facebook Messenger hook up. 1 year ago
- Concerned that wearing big headphones out and about might make you look a bit of a tit? HERE IS THE ANSWER: vimeo.com/156790277 1 year ago
- RT @TomDavenport: When a "geordie" appeared on American TV. youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1DnF… via @andymalt 1 year ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.