The Hospital Records-signed Mistabishi does a very nice line of dark-edged drum n bass. Since 2007 he’s released a string of EPs and his debut album, ‘Drop’, er, dropped earlier this year. He’s perhaps best known for his contribution to the fairly niche office-based sub-genre of dnb (population, almost certainly, one), ‘Printer Jam’, which, as you may already have guessed, weaves samples of printers in between rapid beats and suggestions of turning it off and on again. But, actually, you’re more likely to stumble across him thanks to his increasingly high profile remix jobs. His latest efforts have seen him twisting up the likes of White Lies, The Temper Trap and Placebo, making the latter’s new single, ‘For What It’s Worth’, all the better by adding some Joy Division-esque (or possibly just Joy Division) drums to the intro. But my current favourite of all the tracks up on his MySpace is ‘Damage’, which does exactly what it says on the tin.
Hello… I am AndyI'm the editor of CMU. This blog is where I put stuff that I find and thoughts that I have. You can also use it to find out how to contact me about writing, talking, dancing (not dancing) and suchlike. Clever, huh?
- RT @rhysjamesy: Zayn Malik's album track list looks like the 'Who's Online' section of MSN Messenger in 2003. https://t.co/5jxjZ7tH0S 1 year ago
- RT @daisy_boofa: I love this kind of resourcefulness. @_collectively always has the best stories! Beer made from bread scraps - https://t.c… 1 year ago
- Spotify's just updated with Line integration, which is probably more interesting than the Facebook Messenger hook up. 1 year ago
- Concerned that wearing big headphones out and about might make you look a bit of a tit? HERE IS THE ANSWER: vimeo.com/156790277 1 year ago
- RT @TomDavenport: When a "geordie" appeared on American TV. youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1DnF… via @andymalt 1 year ago
- Mumdance & Logos - BMT (DIFF006)
- CMU Podcast: Pandora, Merlin, Bob Dylan
- CMU Podcast: Spotify, Safe Harbours, Theresa May
- CMU Podcast: The General Election, Prince, Festival Republic
- CMU@TGE 2017: Pre-event mini-seminar
- Femme - Fire With Fire
- The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (Full Version)
- Ella Soto - Watch Out [Official Music Video]
- Kommode - Fight or Flight or Dance All Night
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.