Hello… I am AndyI'm the editor of CMU. This blog is where I put stuff that I find and thoughts that I have. You can also use it to find out how to contact me about writing, talking, dancing (not dancing) and suchlike. Clever, huh?
- RT @amazingradio: Making the decisions are IA regular @andymalt and debutant @lucyjones under the watchful eye of our own @jonhillcock http… 2 hours ago
- RT @edzitron: hahahah io9 wrote up my updogs bit.ly/1AsxkR0 1 day ago
- Apparently I read the equivalent of 37 books in Pocket this year. Must read more books next year. getpocket.com/stats/f6395b3d… 2 days ago
- cmuextra: One of our Artists Of The Year 2014: PC Music
- cmuextra: Today’s Artist Of The Year is… St Vincent
- cmuextra: Today’s CMU Artist Of The Year is… Ratking
- cmuextra: Today’s Artist Of The Year is… Cibo Matto
- Zun Zun Egui - I Want You To Know
- cmuextra: Our first Artist Of The Year for 2014 is… Angel...
- Sarah P - I Misbehave
- DMT 212: Indian Music Market, Apple, YouTube Rights,...
Category Archives: Stuff about me
Back in 2011, my colleague Chris Cooke and I started presenting a weekly, and later monthly podcast discussing the latest news and trends in the music industry. We always had a break over the summer, due to Chris being up … Continue reading
Last week I was very exciting to have the opportunity to see Japanese popstar Kyary Pamyu Pamyu perform live in London. I wrote an article about it for MTV Japan’s English-language website, MTV 81, which you can read here. And … Continue reading
I was on the Digital Music Trends podcast again last week, this time with music industry analyst Mark Mulligan and Ben Sisario from The New York Times. In the show we discussed Soundcloud’s new look, music discovery, Turntable.fm’s revamp and the launch … Continue reading
Last night Radio 1 aired a documentary entitled Disasterpieces. A counterpart to Zane Lowe’s Masterpieces series, which looks back at classic albums, Disasterpieces looked at some follow-ups to great albums which were less so. It’s a fun way to spend an hour, which … Continue reading
So, if you like the idea of hearing my voice talking about music business stuff, this is the post for you, because it contains two hours of that. Well, not two continuous hours of me talking, but two hour long … Continue reading
On Friday I appeared on Tom Robinson’s new 6Music show, Now Playing @6Music, which was exciting. I spoke a little about CMU and what we do and then played three songs that we love. Choosing three tracks to play was … Continue reading